Thursday, May 8, 2008

Finding Out!

Dan and I decided that we wanted to start a family in 2008. We began trying in January and found out that we were expecting on January 31st. I had come home from work before my Annual Meeting and something told me to take a pregnancy test. (This is after testing twice... when they say you can find out 5 days early... they are lying. I had already been negative on two tests.) I used a test, hoped in the shower, got out and low and behold it said positive! Knowing that my parents would be at my house any minute, I called Dan at work and told him that one said positive and asked him to bring home some more tests that night. (How romantic, I know!) Anyway, I hid the positive test because we wanted to be sure before we told our parents. I went to the Annual Meeting, Mom, Dad, and Dan came later. As soon as Mom and Dad left the house that night, Dan grabbed the hidden tests out of the truck. We tested again and it said positive. I took one more on Friday morning, positive again! We were so excited!!! I called the doctor and set up the first appointment for February 28th.

I was leaving that day at lunch headed to Atlanta to spend a weekend with Heather and Rosemary. I told them first because they would wonder why I would not want a glass of wine on a girls weekend!

As soon as I got home on that Sunday, Dan and I called my mom and told her. Dad was playing golf so we told him later but they were really excited. We then told my sister and her husband. We then told Dan's parents and brother, sister-in-law, and our niece. We called my grandmother that night and told her as well. We made everyone keep the secret until after the first appointment where we saw the heartbeat.

The world began knowing on February 28th when the heartbeat measured at 165 beats per minute and the expected due date was set for October 8th.

No comments: